I can’t stress how much I looooove fall. I love everything about it! Pumpkin spice “errrything”, sweaters, football and easy soup recipes! Yes, there actually are easy soup recipes, and even better… healthy soup recipes. Last night I made a somewhat healthy tortellini soup that was not only delish, but super easy to make!
- 2-3 carrots diced (I used 3)
- 3 stalks of celery diced
- 1 onion diced
- 2 cloves of garlic minced or diced (I used a garlic press)
- Olive oil
- A carton of either veggie or chicken stock (I used chicken stock and feel that it really needs an extra cup of the stock)
- Tortellini (I used fresh not frozen, but frozen works!)
- Handful or two of spinach
- Cheese of your choice to top it off
Here’s what to do:
- Heat up a few splashes of olive oil in a large soup pot
- Add the celery, onion and carrots and sauté for about 7 minutes
- Add garlic and sauté some more (about 3ish minutes)
- Add stock and bring to a boil… Then lower to a simmer and sim (that’s the technical term) for about 30 minutes
- Add tortellini and cook according to package
- With a minute or two left, add spinach
- Dish out into bowls, sprinkle with cheese and enjoy!
Let me know what you think!