baking, chocolate chip cookies, chocolate chip oatmeal peanut butter cookies, cookies, desert, easy baking, non dairy cookies, oatmeal cookies, peanut butter cookies, saved by the bell, soy free cookies
Let me start this post off by saying that I am in no way, I mean NO WAY a baker. I love to eat baked goods, but I hate having to go through the process of measuring and mixing and scooping and baking to get to the goods. However, after 5 months of this NDD, I caved and finally decided to bake some cookies that I can actually eat. I ended up making Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies (COP’s), and was mildly impressed with myself. And even better, they were super easy to make!
Ingredients (this will make around 12-18 cookies depending on how big… or small you make them)
- 2 eggs
- 1 Teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips (I may have used closer to a full cup! I also used Enjoy Lofe chocolate chips bc they are dairy and soy free!!)
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1.5 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 packed dark brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix oats and baking soda together in one bowl
- In second bowl, beat peanut butter, eggs, sugar and vanilla extract till creamy (well as creamy as crunchy peanut butter will let you get!)
- Combine two bowls and mix in chocolate chips
- Scoop into the desired sized balls (insert bad but funny joke here!)
- Bake 11ish minutes
- Let cool and devour
These would be great with any of the following: raisins, craisins, walnuts…you get the point!
To all my Saved by the Bell fans (I’m so aging myself!), I baked these while singing that song the Home Ec teacher sang when Slater realized he was a baking machine! “We’re baking a cake…la la la la”!